Announcements: Welcome to the BullyMods Forum. Please Read SWEGTA's Post in the Announcements, below! ~Staff
--Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Bully 2

Anything Bully 2 related.
Gerjaffers
New Kid
New Kid

Bully 2

Postby Gerjaffers » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:23 pm

Hello,
I don’t think there will be a bully 2 after red dead 2 because rock star games have to release gta 6 or agent or a new midnight club game after it so I don’t see how bully 2 can come out
Who agrees?
Thank You
Gerjaffers
Gerjaffers

Shrimp
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Re: Bully 2

Postby Shrimp » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:35 pm

neutral

Flyken
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Flyken » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:07 pm

Well Rockstar has multiple subsidiaries that don't solely work on one project at a time. So if GTA 6 was being developed, another studio could be working on Bully 2, which wouldn't be as big to work on as their flagship game GTA.
SmugGary "I'm going to pound you like my dad pounds me!" SmugGary

King Cobra
Administrator
Administrator

Postby King Cobra » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:10 am

Agent we last heard of YEARS ago at an e3 event to be a Playstation exclusive. Since then we haven't even heard anything or seen any content. It's at the point where people started saying it was dumped due to the lack of content and little response from Rockstar.

As for GTA and Midnight Club, these are the most popular titles they have. I think they need to slightly back away from these since they are sitting on other titles. Manhunt is one of them. We have wanted another Manhunt for almost as long as Bully 2.

It's been so long that now people are losing hope in Bully and Manhunt all together,

I feel it's a good timing for the new Red Dead Redemption. Been quite a while. Nice to know it hasn't died.

At the same time though, I always ask that question "What were they thinking?" when they make something other than Bully or Manhunt. These games have been sitting around for YEARS getting older and more dusty. Yet, there still remains a loyal fanbase of who wants to see another.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing a bit of devil's advocate, looking through the glasses of devs:

Major titles from old eras can result in high expectations. So high they can't be reached. Rockstar may be in such a position with Bully that they fear this.

We expect the next game to have that same quality and feeling the original did. A lot of companies get marked as shit just because they couldn't reach the expectations of people.

It's part to why many companies just keep making games that sell and rely on them rather than take a chance. Reputation is a big factor in keeping business going.