Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

If not Shawn Lee ...

Anything Bully 2 related.
KISSbestfan
New Kid
New Kid

If not Shawn Lee ...

Postby KISSbestfan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:41 pm

So, I think at least 90% of Bully players likes the game soundtrack, and would like to hear him creating a new soundtrack to the game.

But what if it wouldnt be a Shawn Lee ? Who would you think would be also a good composer for the game soundtrack ?

In my opinion - and Im really serious here - it would be interesting if Mac DeMarco would make a new Bully soundtrack.
Mostly because - we dont really know how Bully 2 would look like. But Bully 2 will most certainly be based off a modified RAGE engine, which would be someday even more photorealistic. And I personally dont think that cheerful music would fit into the world. Id expect something more dull, to build up the atmosphere of the bad surrounding, and kids trying to beat you up.

And whats your opinion on a alternative composer ?

Btw I really respect Shawn Lee work. It really gave the game the good feel of the 80's (yea Im one of the people still thinking Bully is set in 80's), and I would love him to create a new soundtrack. Im just thinking that it wouldnt have the same feel as the previous one, because the game would be different

FTurtleTV
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Re: If not Shawn Lee ...

Postby FTurtleTV » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:43 pm

Thats actually a good question to ask but I cant imagine not being Shawn Lee making it as Bully Soundtrack is just amazingly well done SmugGary

quinn
Administrator
Administrator

Postby quinn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:53 pm

Well, other than the fact that Bully included Digital Cameras, and modern equipment, including Rockstar mentioning that it was set in current day, I get you.

I think I would love to see some Jazz musician do the soundtrack!

Flyken
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Flyken » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:45 am

I dunno, if the concept art that was recently leaked were in fact Bully 2 art, I think the soundtrack would stay close to it's funky 70's-80's inspired music from Bully 1 since the concept art looks like it's set in the 80's or early 90's.

I'm not really sure who can replace Shawn Lee for a Bully 2. I enjoy his albums cause of how much of them sound like Bully, it's sort of unique.
SmugGary "I'm going to pound you like my dad pounds me!" SmugGary

Beyoncé
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Beyoncé » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:06 am

The leaked art doesn't exactly scream "2017!" or "Present day" so I can picture Shawn Lee coming back for a new soundtrack, but Rockstar might find someone else to do it.
Okay, ladies, now let's get in formation~

King Cobra
Administrator
Administrator

Postby King Cobra » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:48 am

I certainly hope for Shawn Lee to stay. I have a strong dislike when companies make major changes like that. They do it with the character voices as well. Makes a game feel VERY different from what people have come to know.

Even if Shawn lee remains, he only does the music, a small portion of a large project. He can only follow the game as it is made.

It all depends on the theme and environment of a game. The music needs to fit. The music for the first Bully was very fitting with the theme and environment.

I hope that same style and theme continues, but if anything is changed in the game, the music will have to follow along. To take the old music of Bully and throw it into a new Bully 2 may not be what you expect if the theme and environment is different.

Reemyziz

Postby Reemyziz » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:25 pm

The only video game soundtrack composer i know of and love is Gustavo Santaolalla. He's the composer of The Last of Us' soundtrack, one of my most beloved games, but i don't think he'll fit for something as funky as Bully.
The closest thing i can think of to Bully is Crash Bandicoot's music, which is just CRAZY.
Heyyo, i'm Reemy. HappyZoe Feel free to say hi :-)

Gembo
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Postby Gembo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 pm

Marc Baril's songs on Simpsons Hit and Run back in 2003 were class, and I think he could write music for Bully, but I'd always choose Shawn Lee.

Ozzimandias
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Ozzimandias » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:00 am

Jeremy Soule. He is the best.