Announcements: Welcome to the BullyMods Forum. Please Read SWEGTA's Post in the Announcements, below! ~Staff
--Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Scale of Bully 2 Possible?

Anything Bully 2 related.
Flyken
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Scale of Bully 2 Possible?

Postby Flyken » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:08 am

So one of the things that made Bully different than the GTA series was that every NPC had their own character to them. The students and townsfolk were all unique and each had a different name. Bully had a relatively small map though compared to a game like GTA San Andreas and especially the later GTA games and GTA games didn't really have unique NPC characters, mostly just reused and you might often see the same NPC's in different areas.

I would assume Bully 2 will have a bigger map, not necessarily GTA 5 levels of big, but big enough to feel realistic, yet you would need to fill that map with enough people that it feels alive. Would Rockstar actually make enough unique NPC's with individual voice actors or just have generic NPC's with some special ones sprinkled in between? I think that would be one of the issues Rockstar faces if Bully 2 was a thing in development.
SmugGary "I'm going to pound you like my dad pounds me!" SmugGary

Fatty McBigLarge
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Re: Scale of Bully 2 Possible?

Postby Fatty McBigLarge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:40 am

Flyken wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:08 am
So one of the things that made Bully different than the GTA series was that every NPC had their own character to them. The students and townsfolk were all unique and each had a different name. Bully had a relatively small map though compared to a game like GTA San Andreas and especially the later GTA games and GTA games didn't really have unique NPC characters, mostly just reused and you might often see the same NPC's in different areas.

I would assume Bully 2 will have a bigger map, not necessarily GTA 5 levels of big, but big enough to feel realistic, yet you would need to fill that map with enough people that it feels alive. Would Rockstar actually make enough unique NPC's with individual voice actors or just have generic NPC's with some special ones sprinkled in between? I think that would be one of the issues Rockstar faces if Bully 2 was a thing in development.
I hope something similar to that is in the sequel. I love how everyone in the game was unique and felt like a real person. Idk that's just my opinion
Eunice: Ever been kicked out of an all-you-can-eat buffet?

zzmorg82
New Kid
New Kid

Postby zzmorg82 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:51 pm

I doubt it honestly; you'll probably have your major characters then your minor characters. After that it'll just be NPCs with basic dialogue.

Something similar to GTA V; of course this depends on how big the map will be.
Link to my smilies and gifs: http://imgur.com/a/HJMsX

Enjoy. Image

SWEGTA
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SWEGTA » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:22 am

I think they would do something in-between.
The cliques would have their own unique characters that make several appearances throughout the story, but the townspeople, shopkeepers, and most of the other adults would probably be randomized for the most part.

It'll allow for the player to see new sets of characters wherever they go, as they game would generate them on the fly. But Rockstar would also make sure to include main characters who remain the same.

KISSbestfan
New Kid
New Kid

Postby KISSbestfan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:29 pm

Lets dont forget that in Bully there also were mission specific NPCs, like in most time you couldnt meet Crabblesnitch in free roam.

Rockstar probably decided to keep the characters unique, because it gave more feel to the small city of Bullworth. If you by chance live in a really small city or village (up to 1000 residents), you will also know most people. Especially when you like to roam around and meet up with new dudes.

The thing about Bully map is that its actually extremely small. Its even smaller than Vice City, which is the smallest GTA 3D map. But all this because most of the time you'd spend walking around or riding a bike. When you finally get to have a gokart you can access Blue Skies from the Carnival very quickly, just like you could easily and quickly fly from LS airport to Bayside Marina with a Hydra. Once I was trying to explore San Andreas world on-foot, and accidentally I found some places without the proper collision, and CJ fell into the ground. Same with GTA V, where I also found a glitch nearby one bridge. Thats because you spend 90% of in-game time driving a car, just like the title suggest ;)

CheesyBorders
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby CheesyBorders » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:00 am

Flyken wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:08 am

It could happen. Definitely wouldn't have the budget as GTA5, but still. If rockstar sees an opportunity to make money with Bully, they'll definitely make a new game.

Beyoncé
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Beyoncé » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:04 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar gave us a bigger map and still gave us Unique NPCs tbh.
Okay, ladies, now let's get in formation~