Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

What made Bully so great to you?

Anything Bully related.
quinn
Administrator
Administrator

What made Bully so great to you?

Postby quinn » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:44 pm

I want to know, what really made Bully such a great game for you all? What really made you want to play it twice, thrice, maybe even four whole times +?

For me, it was the fact that I was brought up with the game. My parents bought it when I was younger, and I enjoyed it a lot.
In about 2009, I discovered Bully-Board and remembered my love for the game, so I went onto Amazon, and bought a copy of Scholarship edition for about 80p on the Marketplace (I still have that very same disc to this day)
Around 2011, I finally decided to make an Account on Bully-Board and I got to learn so many new things about the game and met a lot of cool people (including SWEGTA) I started Hex-Editing the game, and soon around 2013, LUA came into play for modding, which again kept me active around the scene of Bully, since I found more things to do with the game. The game itself was/is fantastic. The storyline is perfect, the characters are hilarious, and the game is overall just fantastic.

All of this is what made me stay on the Bully scene for so long and I'm still here to this day.

So tell me, what made you want to keep playing, and stick around + know more about this great game?

SimonBestia
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Re: What made Bully so great to you?

Postby SimonBestia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:40 am

A friend of mine talked about it, saying that it was a not well-known game, I was surprised when he said it was made by Rockstar, it was 2014, during that period I used to be pretty obsessed with betas, it was great to find out the beta version was really different, which made me like the game even more.

When I first played the game I was a bit disoriented but nonetheless I felt like I knew everything about the game because of how similar it is to GTA, it was great to see how unique it was, GTA but in a school, it's a pretty great idea.

Just like the other games I play, I started making skins because I loved doing it in GTA, I never felt like learning LUA because how hard it looked like, but thanks to DeadpoolXYZ and my wish to learn it, Bully is now the first game I ever learned how to mod. (Aside from reskins) In fact, I'm now better than DaBO---Ok, no I barely know 1% of it, but it's still fun to mess around with it!

I don't exactly remember how I found out Bully-board (I guess with a video from Swegta?) it was a shame to see how small and little active the community was, which made it even funnier to find out stuff about the game.
(You have no idea how excited I was when I found the minimap of the 2nd floor of the boys' dorm while messing around with the NoClip when it was a new mod back about a year ago)

I started making videos about it because it was a pretty fun game, and since I loved the betas, but the game isn't really well-documented, I thought I should've focused on beta content, and boy it's fun!

TheGreasyStrangler
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Postby TheGreasyStrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:43 am

When I was a young child my parents would take me every weekend to rent a video game. One time I came in and saw a new game called Bully. I saw Rockstar's logo on it and thought about how much I loved their other games GTA SA and Manhunt. So based of what I read on the Bully case and my past love for Rockstar games I decided to rent Bully, and after that I never returned that disc to the game store. I loved the game so much I kept it and I still have it to this day.
Well that's how I learned about Bully, but the reasons I love it are because it connected with me. When I was a kid I had terrible anxiety (namely health, social, and separation anxiety.) I couldn't in a million years imagine ever going away from my family too go to some shitty school filled with crazy people, with my anxiety I wouldn't be able to handle it. But I could do it in the game, which let me experience something totally new. Now this was before I ever played Elder Scrolls, so GTA SA was the closest I had to a game with a living breathing world in it, and I thought Bully's was even better. Most GTA SA NPC's are just that, NPC's with no backstory, character, they just are their too kill and say a couple of lines. But in Bully, it felt like everyone had a backstory, whether you see it in missions or hunt for it by talking to them or hearing their conversations. I felt Rockstar did a very good job world building. Another of my favorite reasons was the combat, I have always been a fan of fighting. When I was a child my dad showed me old boxing footage he recorded of the best fights he had ever seen, and he also showed me he favorite old Kung Fu movies. I also had my older brother introduce me to wrestling and MMA at a young age. So at that age being able to fight in game with the detail in Bully was great. I was blown away too see that not only do different cliques have different fighting styles but that there are also different fighting styles certain students have in those cliques (Hal, Yuri, Luis, Bryce, Chad, Norton). Most of the time in GTA games, I would just fight people because it was more fun too me then shooting, so Bully was a perfect game for me. Of course there are plenty more reasons this game is great, but these are why the game resonated with me personally.
FeelsPeteMan ss_gary

theundeadsoldier
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby theundeadsoldier » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:47 pm

I First saw a video of bully at 2010 it didn't interesed me that much but in 2012 I had curiosity to play the game in that time i had a ps2 and i buyed it for ps2 and played it it was a good experience the game had a good fighting system a bunch of diferents cliques with diferent fighting styles some weapons and you could learn moves from a hobo i finished the game like 3 times in that time but unfortunely my ps2 broke and the disc too it was so sad back then but i notice there was also a pc version that came out in 2008 called "schoolarship edition" I wanted to see that edition so badly and i downloaded it on pc when i first saw the graphics it was like "WTF?" (Because i prefer ps2 graphics than pc) and the sounds were a little rare too (still prefer the ones from ps2) but the gameplay was the same so i had a lot of fun like in the old days i started to like this game a lot that i started doing reskins and all that for my personal but since i liked a lot the ps2 graphics i had a dream that was about porting the ps2 models and textures to the pc version same thing with the wii textures im still working

I never get bored of this game for me this is one of the rockstar titles that deserved more public and i hope there will be a bully 2

DreadedGhoul575
New Kid
New Kid

Postby DreadedGhoul575 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:03 pm

It seemed a special game, since it was at a school and as a kid (which you can relate to).

Micavolg
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Micavolg » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:42 pm

I liked it because of the story and how fun it is I also like the creativity of the game