Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

DirectX 9.0c Soundcard

Anything Bully related.
kaaai
New Kid
New Kid

DirectX 9.0c Soundcard

Postby kaaai » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:53 pm

So the last time I played Bully was in 2011 on the 360 and recently I really wanted to play it again, this time on PC. I got it working for an hour but I had to format my hard drive as it was acting up. I reinstalled Bully and I got the same error as before only this time it didn't fix the DX9 soundcard issue. I'm running Windows 10.

I've tried the following.
- Install DX9 manually then placing it in the Bully folder.
- Renaming "DirectX" to "dx9"
- Using the 60FPS uncapped executable.

Hasn't fixed like it did before. Any help would be really appreciated as I've been wanting to play this game for a while now and I can't because of the bad PC port. Thank you for the replies in advanced (assuming there is any).

SimonBestia
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Re: DirectX 9.0c Soundcard

Postby SimonBestia » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:32 pm

This happened when I tried to install Bully on school's PCs, (Don't ask why) the reason why that happened is because those computers had no audio.
Anyway, I searched on the internet and found this:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/12200/dis ... 3183631963
Scroll down and try to do what "VAULT BOY™ [FOR REAL]" says.
Last edited by SimonBestia on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

kaaai
New Kid
New Kid

Postby kaaai » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:00 pm

SimonBestia wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:32 pm
This happened when I tried to install Bully on school's PCs, (Don't ask why) the reason why that happened is because those computers had no audio.
Anyway, I searched on the internet and found this:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/12200/dis ... 3183631963
Scroll down and try to do what "VAULT BOY™ [FOR REAL]" says.
Forgot to mention I tried that.

SimonBestia
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby SimonBestia » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Then I don't know, try downloading the latest drivers for your audio.
Last edited by SimonBestia on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

quinn
Administrator
Administrator

Postby quinn » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:45 pm

If you're trying to play in one Windows 10, there's not much point anyways, since it just crashes repeatedly. I would suggest installing Windows 7 and then doing it. Couldn't hurt, since you've already formatted your drive.

CheesyBorders
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby CheesyBorders » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:07 pm

kaaai wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:53 pm
So the last time I played Bully was in 2011 on the 360 and recently I really wanted to play it again, this time on PC. I got it working for an hour but I had to format my hard drive as it was acting up. I reinstalled Bully and I got the same error as before only this time it didn't fix the DX9 soundcard issue. I'm running Windows 10.

I've tried the following.
- Install DX9 manually then placing it in the Bully folder.
- Renaming "DirectX" to "dx9"
- Using the 60FPS uncapped executable.

Hasn't fixed like it did before. Any help would be really appreciated as I've been wanting to play this game for a while now and I can't because of the bad PC port. Thank you for the replies in advanced (assuming there is any).
Windows 10 seems to have tons of issues running Billy. I'd recommend downgrading to either windows 8.1 or windows 7.