Announcements: Welcome to the BullyMods Forum. Please Read SWEGTA's Post in the Announcements, below! ~Staff
--Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

What could be something that would ruin Bully 2 for you?

Anything Bully related.
Ryan
New Kid
New Kid

Re: What could be something that would ruin Bully 2 for you?

Postby Ryan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:03 pm

eternalux wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:34 am
Bully 2 would be ruined to me to some extent if it were a straight sequel to the original Bully. I think that Jimmy's story was wrapped up quite nicely in the original game, and it does not really warrant a sequel.
But that's what a good amount of us want. You could easily play a different game if you don't want to see Jimmy Hopkins, 9, 10, or 11 years later as the main character of a sequel. There's no point of bully 2 without Jimmy.

Flyken
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Flyken » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:30 am

Ryan wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:03 pm
eternalux wrote:
Bully 2 would be ruined to me to some extent if it were a straight sequel to the original Bully. I think that Jimmy's story was wrapped up quite nicely in the original game, and it does not really warrant a sequel.
But that's what a good amount of us want. You could easily play a different game if you don't want to see Jimmy Hopkins, 9, 10, or 11 years later as the main character of a sequel. There's no point of bully 2 without Jimmy.
What do you mean? Of course Jimmy wouldn't be the main character of a Bully sequel if it took place in a high school/academy set 10 years in the future, at least not realisticly. I hardly see a 25 year old Jimmy still in a school setting doing the same immature things he did in Bullworth
SmugGary "I'm going to pound you like my dad pounds me!" SmugGary

eternalux
New Kid
New Kid

Postby eternalux » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:58 am

Ryan wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:03 pm
eternalux wrote:
Now, don't get me wrong, I would probably still enjoy the game, but I'd see the story as the element of the game that could've been even better. I would have still liked Rockstar to shake things up and bring something new to the table. I'm sure Rockstar will never make a game that's really an all-around stinker.

And, no, I don't think that the story of Jimmy Hopkins was the sole main point of Bully. Rockstar tried to shine the light on the problem of bullying and imperfection of American public/private school system through his story.

I just think that it would make much more sense for Bully 2 to either be a prequel to Bully 1 (so that we could see how Jimmy's upbringing has influenced his personality and his way of dealing with problems) or an unrelated story set in another school with a different protagonist that would have expanded upon the issues that were presented in Bully 1.

derpy54320

Postby derpy54320 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:01 pm

If it's a console exclusive. Not only would I have to pickup a PS4 which I just recently sold, but also rip modding. I hope they don't pull the shit they did with GTA V just to get people to buy it twice.

Flyken
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Flyken » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:28 am

derpy54320 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:01 pm
If it's a console exclusive. Not only would I have to pickup a PS4 which I just recently sold, but also rip modding. I hope they don't pull the shit they did with GTA V just to get people to buy it twice.
To be fair the GTA V PC port was pretty well optimized, but yeah it will suck if we gotta wait for a year or two for that

SimonBestia
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby SimonBestia » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Indeed, waiting for GTA V was worth it, I guess.

I hope Bully 2 Online won't be as bad as GTA online, with kids running around killing everyone, cheating, and full of microtransactions.
Last edited by SimonBestia on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

quinn
Administrator
Administrator

Postby quinn » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Constant useless DLC being pushed out

Ryan
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Ryan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:57 pm

Flyken wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:30 am
What do you mean? Of course Jimmy wouldn't be the main character of a Bully sequel if it took place in a high school/academy set 10 years in the future, at least not realisticly. I hardly see a 25 year old Jimmy still in a school setting doing the same immature things he did in Bullworth
Yeah you're right, Jimmy was already in a school, why would I want to play another highschool game? It could've taken place with him in or after college, I care more about Hopkins than I do about just a regular old sequel.

So you just want another highschool game? Like the gta series but just in a school setting? Do you honestly think that rockstar would do that? And who said that he has to be in a highschool, he could've been forced by his parents to join the air Force after bullworth or something like that. He could be anywhere at the age of 25. I mean shit, I could come up with endless ideas.

Flyken
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Flyken » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:53 am

Ryan wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:57 pm
Flyken wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:30 am
Yeah you're right, Jimmy was already in a school, why would I want to play another highschool game? It could've taken place with him in or after college, I care more about Hopkins than I do about just a regular old sequel.

So you just want another highschool game? Like the gta series but just in a school setting? Do you honestly think that rockstar would do that? And who said that he has to be in a highschool, he could've been forced by his parents to join the air Force after bullworth or something like that. He could be anywhere at the age of 25. I mean shit, I could come up with endless ideas.
I'm not sure I understand. I didn't say I want a Bully sequel that was just a GTA clone in high school, because the original made sure to differentiate itself from that. I do want a sequel that is just like Bully that presents fresh new ideas.

I don't know how a sequel about Jimmy joining the air force would even work as a Bully game, now THAT just sounds like a GTA game or something. I mean Jimmy's high school story is already done anyway, we can still have a Bully game in a school setting without him, in a much wider scale.

Beyoncé
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Beyoncé » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:36 am

One thing that'll ruin Bully 2 for me is a college-like setting... That's basically opening the doors for another GTA style game.
Okay, ladies, now let's get in formation~