Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

YouTube Cracking Down on Bully YouTubers

Anything Bully related.
SWEGTA
Administrator
Administrator

YouTube Cracking Down on Bully YouTubers

Postby SWEGTA » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:22 pm

Some of you guys may have already seen this on Twitter.
It seems like YouTube's new "Advertiser-Friendly" policy has affected the Bully community as well.

It's unclear to just what extent, but I have spoken to several individuals who have claimed that their Bully videos have either been demonetized or severely restricted in earnings (so much so that a 400k views video will only earn them a few dollars).

My channel was also affected by this, but not to an extreme extent.
It will have a significant negative impact on my earnings, but not all of my income has been lost.

Has anyone else had to deal with this, if so to what extent?

killersonweed
New Kid
New Kid

Re: YouTube Cracking Down on Bully YouTubers

Postby killersonweed » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:03 pm

Ffs this shit is happening again?

TheGreasyStrangler
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Postby TheGreasyStrangler » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:51 pm

I heard that you were questioning bringing back your patreorn-situation, and you really should if this shit is gonna happen. I know you might be able to get ads back on some videos but not all. You've got loyal fans that want to help you live without destroying your savings account
FeelsPeteMan ss_gary

KISSbestfan
New Kid
New Kid

Postby KISSbestfan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Tbh I never had ads on my channel, even when many people told me I can put them with my (not really mine) content. Mostly because I was afraid that Youtube would juggle with their policies so often, that I would by someday wind up not only without money, but also with troubles.

I understand your situation, and I admit, that you create lot of fun content, so any spare money would help to expand the channel. I just simply dont trust the big wigs from Youtube.

SWEGTA
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SWEGTA » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:01 am

@KISSbestfan I don't blame you.
It's a terrible situation, really. There are so many bigger channels out there that have reported their ad revenue plummeting because of this.

Apparently it's a result of the adpocolypse after all of those advertisers pulled their ads.
YouTube is trying to find a solution, but it seems to be affecting all the independent channels. Especially gaming and commentary channels.
Meanwhile channels like CNN haven't been affected. It's really absurd.

YouTube has thus far approved 4/10 of my review-requested videos. The remaining 6 have just yet to be reviewed whatsoever.
According to some people on reddit, the reason YouTube's ad-blocking bot is so sensitive is due to it being a learning machine.
It takes in information from approved reviews and utilizes that information to differentiate good content from bad content.

I don't know if that's even true, but I hope so. There are so many people out there who produce incredible content.
Watching YouTube unfairly penalize so many of those people is just frustrating.

KISSbestfan
New Kid
New Kid

Postby KISSbestfan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:18 pm

No wonder many people starts their patreon.

Around 2014 I discussed with some people that Youtube may fall in the nearby future, and people will eventually find an alternative site. While being the most popular and the biggest one, there are others like dailymotion, where some youtubers had already moved, because its not that strict of copyrights and stuff.

I hope that they will eventually find a good solution, instead of removing the ads. Some people really put their heart and time to produce quality content for their viewers on Youtube. Punishing them wont help.

Shrimp
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Shrimp » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:29 pm

we should boycott and take down there hq
just like those 2 dudes who waited outside valve for hl3 with a sign

Jango
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Jango » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Can't you just replace Bully with Canis Canem Edit? I know that's a long title but if this can lure Youtube's bot..

GREASERS RULZ

FTurtleTV
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby FTurtleTV » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Jango wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:00 pm
Can't you just replace Bully with Canis Canem Edit? I know that's a long title but if this can lure Youtube's bot..
Well funny fact that Sweggy showed us on his last video EVEN A GODDAMN LETTER LIKE A VIDEO ONLY SHOWING PHOTOS OF LETTER "A" GOT FREAKING PROBLEMS WITH ADS and even Sonic the hedgehog videos so thats why not even putting Canis Canem Edit will resolve it because if youtube does dis with that...Im just out of words. FUCK YOUTUBE and fuck their rules, if we could make our own rules and make a war against them we would ;_; I dont like seeing Swegta with alot of passion and dedication to this community that is keeping this alive and many other bully youtubers having issues like this and having to think of stopping what they love that is bringing joy to the people and keeping the community growing.. that is just wrong and Youtube shouldnt do this. FeelsPeteMan

CheesyBorders
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby CheesyBorders » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Not very surprising. If YouTube would stop being so fucking lazy and add a non robotic system of real people to watch videos instead of having everything that SOUNDS offensive demonetized. Hell, I've seen tons of kids channels have captain Morgan and bud light advertisements on them. So, I guess by Youtubes logic: Glamorizing alcohol to children is perfect for advertisers, but playing a teen rated game is some ISIS level shit.