Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

YouTube Cracking Down on Bully YouTubers

Anything Bully related.
FTurtleTV
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Re: YouTube Cracking Down on Bully YouTubers

Postby FTurtleTV » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:30 pm

CheesyBorders wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:23 pm
Not very surprising. If YouTube would stop being so fucking lazy and add a non robotic system of real people to watch videos instead of having everything that SOUNDS offensive demonetized. Hell, I've seen tons of kids channels have captain Morgan and bud light advertisements on them. So, I guess by Youtubes logic: Glamorizing alcohol to children is perfect for advertisers, but playing a teen rated game is some ISIS level shit.
Well said man...Youtube thinks Teen Rated Games are ISIS SHIZZ lol...So let me think about this, they think Letter A video and even Sonic now are like codes to communicate with ISIS loool xD give me a break youtube "YOU-BUG" "BUG-TUBE" lol

CheesyBorders
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby CheesyBorders » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:32 pm

FTurtleTV wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:30 pm
CheesyBorders wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:23 pm
Not very surprising. If YouTube would stop being so fucking lazy and add a non robotic system of real people to watch videos instead of having everything that SOUNDS offensive demonetized. Hell, I've seen tons of kids channels have captain Morgan and bud light advertisements on them. So, I guess by Youtubes logic: Glamorizing alcohol to children is perfect for advertisers, but playing a teen rated game is some ISIS level shit.
Well said man...Youtube thinks Teen Rated Games are ISIS SHIZZ lol...So let me think about this, they think Letter A video and even Sonic now are like codes to communicate with ISIS loool xD give me a break youtube "YOU-BUG" "BUG-TUBE" lol
Probably, lol. Too many NSFW ads slip through youtubes guidelines, it's honesty quite worrying.

FTurtleTV
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby FTurtleTV » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:39 pm

Well they have to make the bots a little bit more smarter than to fuck the people up in the ass just because of freaking Titles and thumbnails that arent even bad for youtube lol

Samuel_Olson1701
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Samuel_Olson1701 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:33 am

I shall admit after I watched Sweg's video this kind of did scare me a bit. My channel is too young to have ads but I am climbing steadily. It is basically a dream of mine inspired by Sweg and a few other amazing YouTubers to even consider this career choice of mine let alone attempt it. I would hate to have this flattened by YouTube's 'censorship'. However that is not my biggest concern - my biggest concern, like Sweg stated, is how this is affecting the big name YouTubers like Typical Gamer, VanossGaming, PewDiePie, (although I frickin hate pewdiepie) and people like Jeff Favignano or Bay Area Buggs. Another thing that crossed my mind is if ads are essentially boycotting YouTube (I am still researching this so if I am wrong on any of this please kindly correct me) how is YouTube suffering or possibly even gaining financially off of this? Has it really wounded YouTube to the point if they do not cut ads they could easily go bankrupt paying all these fine content creators? Or are they all really just greedy businessmen who are trying to save a buck and use this ad thing as an excuse to save a few? And if YouTube is suffering financially then why blame 'bad content' for pulling ads? I have seen stuff FFAAAARRR worse than Sweg's (swearing wise) on YouTube that has millions of views even as of last night that I still see ads ran on. Yet the letter A is banned essentially from ads. If you don't believe me look up any TrendCrave or William RAGE video ever. I guarantee at least one will have some form of ad.

King Cobra
Administrator
Administrator

Postby King Cobra » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:10 am

I knew about the shit Youtube was doing, but Bully? WTF sense does that make? There are mature rated games that get good ratings and ads on youtube. How is Bully such a terrible thing? It doesn't even have anything that fits the criteria of a mature game. Not even blood. Plus the graphics are old in comparison to most modern games.

How is Bully such a terrible game? Hell, the community behind Bully is small in comparison to other games. Most people don't even know what Bully is or forgot about it.

SWEGTA
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SWEGTA » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:01 am

@Samuel_Olson1701
Some people have speculated that Google lost, or could've lost, about 750 million USD.
The problem here is with how they deal with the issue. The bot really should've been developed more before being thrown into the public.
Apparently it is learning, but very slowly.

My last video was demonetized, even after review.
Here's how fucking bizarre the review process is:

Step 1: The video has been uploaded.
It took about 2 days before it was marked as suitable for not all advertisers.

Step 2: The video has been demonetized.
I requested a review as soon as I saw this.

Step 3: The video became monetized... again.
YouTube didn't send me an email like they normally do.

Step 4: The video became demonetized... again.
Same here. No email. Apparently they reviewed it and deemed it not suitable for all advertisers. No explanation as to why.

UPDATE:
My video somehow still has ads on it. Nathan told me on Twitter that this is actually a visual glitch, which would explain the lack of an email approving/denying me monetization.
I have no idea what state my video is in. I guess it's monetized, but listed as demonetized? I don't fucking know anymore.

UPDATE #2:
Now it seems like my video is back to normal. This is just weird.

Samuel_Olson1701
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Samuel_Olson1701 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:27 pm

So basically they are or could be suffering financially but 750 mil couldn't seem like much to a multibillion dollar organization. Not to mention that this is not the first time their methods have been thrown out inexperienced or glitchy. Its like ROBLOX (this is the best example I can think of) after adding their chat filter system because a few whiny parents got offended. The chat filter would occasionally censor words like fuck or bitch into ### but it would also take out words like bucket or wall. "Stand by the ####,. and go fill that ######." The only difference between ROBLOX and YouTube is that ROBLOX is teaching their censor bot ...and some users me included are 'teaching' it how to censor. BBull I just hope YouTube has the brains to follow ROBLOX's path and fix their mistake before too long or all of YouTube is going to be in big trouble. Not only will all of their creators eventually lose money, their base of creators will surely deplete or at least stop publishing as much as they try to find second career choices. The less people upload the mass of the fanbase will also decrease depending on the amount of creators that slack off or just quit in general, and something better is not found to watch. I think it goes without saying YouTube is basically cornering themselves into a virtual crisis (...well I wouldn't say crisis but I can't think of a better word) of people just dropping YouTube in the long run if this bot doesn't get its act together, or is not replaced by humans.

King Cobra
Administrator
Administrator

Postby King Cobra » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:15 am

The amount of data Youtube holds is insanely huge. They need server farms to hold it, which alone costs a pretty large amount to maintain. Youtube would lose MASSIVE amounts of money to pay people in personally looking through youtube flags and DMCAs.

Youtube has had a history of using blanket style systems that cover everything, including what it shouldn't. It's due to the balancing of money.

They could never afford to pay staff in looking through everything on Youtube. With the amount of data and the staff they would need they would instantly lose money.

Financially, using bots and software is the way to go. They just fail at building it properly.