Announcements: Welcome to the BullyMods Forum. Please Read SWEGTA's Post in the Announcements, below! ~Staff
--Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Do you like Jimmy Hopkins?

Anything Bully related.
Jango
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Do you like Jimmy Hopkins?

Postby Jango » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:12 am

Hi guys, in my opinion MAAAAAAANY questions 've been asked to the Bully fanbase but there's one question I never saw :

Do you like the main protagonist of Bully, Jimmy Hopkins / What do you think about him ? BBull

For me, when I first saw Jimmy's face on the PS2 version I was like WTF man is he a kid?
In the Scolarship Edition his face is retextured and now you can say HE'S A F*CKING 15 YEARS OLD KID

I love his personality, when you beat the bosses the cutscene at the end of each fight he shows everyone who's DA BOSSSSS
But the fact that you can't do anything about it is weird. I would like to choose ending like in GTA 5 when you choose who you'll have to kill! If we could've chosen situations (what Jimmy says etc...) the personality of Jimmy would've been much cooler for the player that plays it! FeelsPeteMan

Debating is not that tolerated since it's each one's opinion (if that's fine with you BBull )
Last edited by Jango on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

GREASERS RULZ

CheesyBorders
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Re: Do you like Jimmy Hopkins?

Postby CheesyBorders » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:39 am

In my opinion, he's a pretty great character. He's realistic, serious, and probably one of Rockstar's best characters. His personality shifts throughout the events of Canis Canem Edit, and you really feel connected to this character.

(Also, he's the PROTAGONIST, not antagonist, haha)

Jango
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Jango » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:45 am

CheesyBorders wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:39 am
In my opinion, he's a pretty great character. He's realistic, serious, and probably one of Rockstar's best characters. His personality shifts throughout the events of Canis Canem Edit, and you really feel connected to this character.

(Also, he's the PROTAGONIST, not antagonist, haha)
Yes sorry I edited it thanks :)

GREASERS RULZ

Fatty McBigLarge
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Postby Fatty McBigLarge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:43 pm

I like Jimmy Hopkins. He's my second favorite protagonist from a Rockstar game first being John Marston. As a kid first playing bully I never really liked him that much. But as I played when I was around the age he is in the game, I felt more connected to him. I also love how he doesn't take crap from anyone.
Eunice: Ever been kicked out of an all-you-can-eat buffet?

zzmorg82
New Kid
New Kid

Postby zzmorg82 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:37 pm

Jimmy is easily a top 10 character Rockstar have ever created in my opinion.
Link to my smilies and gifs: http://imgur.com/a/HJMsX

Enjoy. Image

danskjaevel
New Kid
New Kid

Postby danskjaevel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm

He is probably my favourite rockstar games character. He is fair in a way that is not often seen. An example would be that he realized that Russel isn't actually bad, so after that boss fight, he helps him up and asks if he's okay.

-he does say in the beginning of the game, that he's only giving people what they deserve.

Jango
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Jango » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Jimmy does help Russell but to be fair Russell helped Jimmy more than Jimmy helped Russell

GREASERS RULZ

Flyken
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Flyken » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:02 pm

Tbh Scholarship Edition Jimmy looks like a slightly younger Bruce Willis. I kinda prefer the original looking Jimmy.

Anyway, Jimmy wasn't a bully, but not someone you'd want to wrong, or else you'll see yourself crashing through the roof of the school building. At the end, he helped put the cliques in their place and got rid of Gary, the guy who wanted everyone to turn on each other. I'd say he's a pretty good guy.
SmugGary "I'm going to pound you like my dad pounds me!" SmugGary

SimonBestia
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby SimonBestia » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:09 pm

As Dr. Crabblesnitch says, he's a diamond, but a little rough around the edges.

He's a good guy, but he's DEFINETELY NOT afraid to fight, or do bad things like "vandalism, graffiti, bad language, violent conduct, disrespecting staff."

I'd say his adventures at Bullworth really changed him.
Last edited by SimonBestia on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheGreasyStrangler
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Postby TheGreasyStrangler » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Well since he is the main character he got the most development time, and I'd say they did a good job
FeelsPeteMan ss_gary