Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Bully is the best rushed game ever

Anything Bully related.
Zeron
New Kid
New Kid

Bully is the best rushed game ever

Postby Zeron » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Using the term rushed in game development is never a good thing. When we look past all the things the Bully has to offer, we are left wondering how unfinished the game actually is.

All the things the game could have, all the insane glitches, all the leftover files... Bully is indeed a rushed game, but does that make it bad like the other rushed ones? My personal opinion is a no, in fact, it's one of the things that makes the game so interesting. It's exciting learning about all the things that were cut from the game, it's one of the elements that brought many people together, it's fun to just think about what the game could've been if Rockstar had just a bit more time to polish the game. The imperfection, the unknown timeline and other parts of the game is what makes Bully such an unique experience.

With that said, it would be insanely idiotic to say I would prefer the game as it is over a fully polished Bully version, but the final product that we got is simply amazing despite all the flaws and despite being unfinished. In my opinion, Bully is the best rushed game ever.
Last edited by Zeron on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:fail:uck the system

SimonBestia
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Re: Bully is the best rushed game ever

Postby SimonBestia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Couldn't agree more with this!

I kinda want to know why it was rushed, the game had 3 years of development, that doesn't seem to be a short period, I guess they changed the game a lot at the last minute.
Then again there are rushed games that had way more time of development.
*Cough* Mass Effect: Andromeda *Cough*
Last edited by SimonBestia on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

zzmorg82
New Kid
New Kid

Postby zzmorg82 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Agreed; it peaks my interest as to what Bully 2 will be like. I feel like majority of what Rockstar left out of Bully was due to the PS2 limitations. Now two gaming generations later and with technology advancing, it should be interesting as to what Rockstar adds to Bully 2.
Link to my smilies and gifs: http://imgur.com/a/HJMsX

Enjoy. Image

Reemyziz
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Reemyziz » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:50 pm

I never really bothered to think that Bully was "rushed", until all the beta videos started to surface & I realized how much more potential the game could've had, but none-the-less, Bully was an amazing game
Heyyo, i'm Reemy. HappyZoe Feel free to say hi :-)

quinnsane
Administrator
Administrator

Postby quinnsane » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:57 pm

A lot of opportunities were certainly missed while developing Bully. Whether it be that they had a last minute 'scrap fest' where they removed a bunch of shit, or whether it be that they just didn't care, it was still a great game. While a lot of Beta stuff has been found, I feel like this was all stuff that was originally certain to be in the game, and then pulled at a later date. However I graciously feel as if they had a bunch of stuff they wanted to add and did so, but towards the release date. So since all this stuff was probably buggy and not fixed, they removed it, and patched it all up with Endless Summer.

This is just my take. I'm sure that maybe one day, someone will hack into a Rockstar* database and find a bunch of bullyshit ;)) but for now, we'll have to wait and see what else comes of this.
Bully was still, the best rushed game ever.

RobiGeek
New Kid
New Kid

Postby RobiGeek » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:14 pm

Just imagine if Bully actually wasn't rushed dude, so much good shit would come out of it lmao

Flyken
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Flyken » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:10 pm

I really wish they would have implemented the things that were left out due to PS2 hardware limitations into Scholarship Edition. I mean a few new classes and missions were okay, but were nothing compared to the amount of content cut from the beta version!
SmugGary "I'm going to pound you like my dad pounds me!" SmugGary

Fizzacles
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Fizzacles » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:27 am

What do you mean rushed it seems alright to me

killersonweed
New Kid
New Kid

Postby killersonweed » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:32 am

SimonBestia wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:34 pm
Couldn't agree more with this!

I kinda want to know why it was rushed, the game had 3 years of development, that doesn't seem to be a short period, I guess they changed the game a lot at the last minute.
Then again there are rushed games that had way more time of development.
*Cough* Mass Effect: Andromeda *Cough*
The devs working on this probably used up all their time and budget and I doubt they'd get more money for a new ip