Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Why I Dislike The Atheist Community

Anything that may be considered controversial.
CheesyBorders
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Re: Why I Dislike The Atheist Community

Postby CheesyBorders » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:56 pm

derpy54320 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:23 pm
If you call the atheist community anyone who makes videos on atheism, I really don't think you should judge the community as a whole considering its size. Like, if someone goes out of their way to attack someone's religion in normal conversation or goes on a video about some religion that isn't meant to spark debate but just a peaceful video about whatever the fuck, then that would be kind of unnecessary and they shouldn't push those beliefs on people. They certainly should it hide it either though when it comes to making videos. People often say they should just shut up, people don't need to hear about how they don't believe in god, and they shouldn't make these videos, but it's really simple as freedom of expression. If they're not pushing it to an audience that doesn't want to hear it then it seems more than fair. The word atheist is just saying you're not religious, it doesn't group you with anyone at all, and you don't have to be on the same side as every other atheist out there just because you have that one thing in common.
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. However, I feel that atheism is very similar to feminism in a way: Both have good messages, good points, and good members. But, there are many people who take it too far and try to force their beliefs on to you, weather it be necessary or not. Don't get me wrong, in places like the middle east, religion should NOT be as powerful as it is. People shouldn't be killed over a belief that may not even be true. However, there are also countries that push atheism too far, such as North Korea, where you can be executed for even owning a bible. There are extremists on both sides, and both of them just make the community as a whole look bad.

CheesyBorders
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby CheesyBorders » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Reemyziz wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:12 am
Coming from a country where they basically stone Atheists to death (still a closed non-believer btw because who wants their family to disown them and kill them?) I still have to pretend to be religious and i never really spoke about this subject, but i get people who say stuff like "*Certain religion* is cancer" because it's somewhat true, religion brings order to society and governments but I think we'd be better off without it.

I get where you're coming from, though. I want women to have rights but i'd never call myself a feminist in a million years because of how bad the so-called "feminists' are.
Couldn't agree more. Stoning ANYONE, no matter what they believe in, is disgraceful. You should have the freedom to believe or not to believe in anything you choose of. Religion should not be the main drive of any government.

CheesyBorders
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby CheesyBorders » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:00 pm

quinn wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:22 pm
Personally, I'm an atheist. But I have no ill feeling towards any religions, I just think they're wrong and they're shit but we all have our own opinions. But by judging the whole of the atheist community simply off the people who make videos on it, is kind of irrational. Not everyone is an elitist of any kind, but those who are want people to know because they're pricks.

In my opinion, I think the world would be a much better place if religion and racism didn't exist, but then again, that's what makes it all the more fun. More debates, more fights, more internet rants, it all adds up and entertains us all.

I don't believe in any science or any shit claiming to prove when the world started. We are not on a linear spectrum. There was no beginning, and no end. We just continue to exist. No big bang, no big crunch, no God. We just proceed to exist.
I completely respect your opinion. Having the freedom to debate, believe, or do anything that isn't illegal is what makes the human race what it is, for better or worse.

CheesyBorders
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby CheesyBorders » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:08 pm

TheGreasyStrangler wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:51 am
If you're basing this off YouTubers like TheAmazingAtheist and random comments on Reddit then it's not a fair way to judge. Everyone thinks differently and feels differently, some stronger then others. I personally hate the concept of religion, because different cultures all came up with ideas too feel better about the inevitable death. I live in a very redneck part of the United States and religion is all around me, in our nation anthem, on our money, and in our courts. The U.S. gives MILLIONS of dollars to Israel for NOTHING just because it's the supposed "holy land", so when people say "religion doesn't affect you so shy don't you let others be religious" it pisses me off because it's not true. I've seen teachers try to preach to students and threats of violence made towards people who don't believe, I've seen parents DISOWN their own children because of something not real and that is fucking ridculious. Religion has caused more problems then it has EVER solved. And I may feel strongly, but others may not. I also don't talk about it this mucb unless people ask, and you asked.
Alright, I respect your opinion. Teachers that try to use religion to influence children are definitely moronic.

CheesyBorders
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby CheesyBorders » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:15 pm

SWEGTA wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:43 am
The real villain here is arrogance, and our culture is infested with it.
People don't just like thinking they're right. They relish in the idea that everyone else hasn't gotten it figured out yet.
It's kind of like how conspiracy theorists often call people who disagree with them 'brainwashed'.

Not to derail the conversation, but evolution does have a good list of evidence to support it.
I wouldn't call it 'little' evidence. But that's neither here nor there.

@KISSbestfan Well, atheism is not really a belief. It's rather the rejection of a belief.
You could argue that it falls under the category of religious affiliation since it's part of the discussion, but it's not a belief.

As for my take on religion, I find all of them to be very questionable. Not only in claims, but also morals. Even if I did believe in god, then I'd probably call myself a deist. To me, religion just seems like unnecessary luggage.
My mom is a christian, but she never pushed that on me. She allowed me to think for myself and explore my own ideas. I think more people should do that, whether they're religious or non-religious.
Yeah, I completely agree. Arrogance is my main problem with people of most religious communities, including atheism. In my opinion, you cannot 100% determine if there is or isn't a god yet. It may become more apparent in the future, but certainly not now, and the people that try to act like they're more intelligent than you just because they do or don't believe in creationism are truly the most moronic. Deism is one of my favorite theologies, mainly due to the fact that it's relatively neutral.