Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Post count limits

Submit any feedback here.
Zeron
New Kid
New Kid

Post count limits

Postby Zeron » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:27 pm

I believe the post count shouldn't go up when posting in the forum games, that place is basically a way to get a ton of posts without necessarily spamming (but in a way, still spamming).

People with high posts should be seen as people who are active in constructive discussions, not people who have hundreds of posts that are basically meaningless. With all due respect, I enjoy forum games too, but I think there should be a limit.
:fail:uck the system

derpy54320

Re: Post count limits

Postby derpy54320 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:51 am

Interesting point, if there was some way to determine the actual helpfulness of a post it'd be neat to properly award people. On the old bullymods forum we had a system where people would get tagged with something if they do a good job at something, like modder if they posted mods, I got professor because I helped a bunch with modding, I think there was a story telling one for chuck (r.i.p.). I know it's not about post counts but if your main idea is a different system for titling people it'd be cool to see back. We'll see what we can cook up.

quinn
Administrator
Administrator

Postby quinn » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:33 am

I think I agree with Derpy. We shouldn't stop people's post count from going up, but more so give them badges for things they do well or help out with. We'll see what we can do.

TheGreasyStrangler
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Postby TheGreasyStrangler » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:05 pm

I get what you are saying, of course they want people to make meaningful posts. But in my opinion it gets the forums more traffic which is a good thing
FeelsPeteMan ss_gary

Zeron
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Zeron » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:12 pm

The problem with badges/awards/medals system is that some people may get jealous or find it unfair that someone else received something and they didn't, it leads to a lot of problems and I know that from experience with previous forums.

It's one thing to award modders with unbiased judges in some sort of contest, but post badges may lead to issues.
:fail:uck the system

SWEGTA
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SWEGTA » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:41 am

We're gonna be looking into possibly implementing a badge feature.
As for the post count, but I do think that having a badge feature would incentivise people to post more substantial/informative things.

Shrimp
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Shrimp » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:34 am

tbh everyone farmed so FUCKING HARD for posts just to get stars lol
please
lets do somethin!!!!

quinn
Administrator
Administrator

Postby quinn » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Shrimp wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:34 am
tbh everyone farmed so FUCKING HARD for posts just to get stars lol
please
lets do somethin!!!!
*begs that we do something*
*gives no useful ideas/feedback/criticism*

What exactly do you wish to do? If you want us to do something, either come up with an idea, or support one that already exists.

Shrimp
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Shrimp » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:44 pm

inb4 u start beef
i don't know? remove the ability of gaining posts in forums games as you can clearly see thats where everyone headed to start farming a shit ton of posts.

quinn
Administrator
Administrator

Postby quinn » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:08 pm

What exactly is wrong with that? It brings more traffic to the website, getting more people involved allowing them to enjoy the website, the community, and the games.