Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

ModLoader

PoundcakeTime
New Kid
New Kid

ModLoader

Postby PoundcakeTime » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:13 am

a mod loader. yeah I know it's a big thing, but it's not impossible.

What is it?

if you don't know what I mean, I mean like Cleo and SA Modloader from GTA San Andreas. In modloader, you put the files for substitution in a folder, then a program put it in the right place. in Cleo, you wrote a .cs file (which will probably be substituted by .lua files) and the mod loads.

Why we need it?

Three reasons:

1. Combining mods without a re-script.
2. Make installing mods easier for newbies.
3. Is not that easy, even Simpsons Game has one.

Some ideas/examples of usage:

1. Insanity + Super Mod
2. Special Mod + Riot Mod
3. Special Mod + Insanity
4. Having more than one custom mission installed
5. Bullshit(when is released) + Insanity (that would be AWESOME)
6. Bullshit + Insanity + Super Mod (orgasm lol)

hope I'm not saying more than doing. I really don't want to be this kind of person.

Se Ya! SmugGary
i hate my life SmugGary

Not a Joke

plz kill me

derpy54320

Re: ModLoader

Postby derpy54320 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:01 pm

I already got one that also doubles as a way to check your script for run-time errors, but the problem is a lot of scripts are written to replace different kinds of scripts, like a mod that replaces STimeCycle will only need a main function but a mod that replaces ArcRace1 will need setup and cleanup. But hey, if it's what ye want I'll work on a ArcRace1 fix and hopefully get 'er out soon.

PoundcakeTime
New Kid
New Kid

Postby PoundcakeTime » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:41 am

@derpy54320 thanks for replying.

First of all, that wasn't what I really wanted. But still one of the options, my main idea was creating a plugin which creates a folder that you make a script, put in there and it reads. Was to get rid of the files substitution and making the progress of creating a mod easier.

Modders do that to a lot of games too. Some examples are Cleo, Lucas' mod loader, ThugPro custom content installer and etc.
i hate my life SmugGary

Not a Joke

plz kill me

Altas
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Altas » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:20 am

Seems good doing trough Lua, but you know SA ModLoader has a user interface in pause menu that we can't made it by Lua script, it's needed more than just Lua to make it like SA ModLoader.

BTW, Insanity Edition is pretty lag to put together with other mods because it has a process done simultaneously, but it doesn't same as lag in Node-o-Matic 3000 (If you ever tried this mod).
We are not take over anything right now

Altas
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Altas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:18 am

Okay, i'm done.

Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/file/l9jn9e638 ... _Loader.7z

This is not officialy released because maybe some expert make this much better than what i made, this is not like SA Mod Loader, you can't setting it in-game and basically i'm not good enough at programming, but this tool is good enough to load multiple STimeCycle script and Custom Mission.

Custom Mission has a UI to select mission that you want to play, it just replace ArcRace1.lur to load MissionSetup, main and MissionCleanup.

Freeroam does not have a UI, replacing STimeCycle.lur to load main function.

Don't forget to follow "USAGE.docx" instructions

PoundcakeTime
New Kid
New Kid

Postby PoundcakeTime » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:36 pm

@Altas did you really tried to Trojan me?
i hate my life SmugGary

Not a Joke

plz kill me

PoundcakeTime
New Kid
New Kid

Postby PoundcakeTime » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:42 pm

@Atlas i mean, i have no proof. but my antivirus deleted it from the .zip

also, not such a beginner modder could do a complex mod loader
i hate my life SmugGary

Not a Joke

plz kill me

Altas
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Altas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:10 pm

@PouncakeTime Are you really disparaging me?, yeah i know i'm not expert at programming to make some perfect stuff and maybe this is the worstest ever tool in ModLoader history but i just tried my best to help some people who want to combine many mods into one and i have a solution which you don't need to replace anything else except STimeCycle.lur and ArcRace1.lur, it's easy to make it for myself without any customization in Lua.

About the trojan, i never injecting virus to those file, maybe it's a false alarm.

And if you still not believe me, here the tool with a batch file to process (No execution):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6igislh6jqt6s2g

Up to you if you want to use it or not.

King Cobra
Administrator
Administrator

Postby King Cobra » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:57 am

PoundcakeTime wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:42 pm
@Atlas i mean, i have no proof. but my antivirus deleted it from the .zip

also, not such a beginner modder could do a complex mod loader
Atlas is using .bat files which are the built in code of windows cmd. With the right tools a bat file can be converted to an exe and run.

I know this quite well as I build my own. I've built utility tools out of bat files. I reviewed the bat in notepad++ and see nothing wrong.

As atlas said, there is most likely a false positive. There is the chance an administrative action was called from the bat file(s) and the antivirus deleted the file.

I notice Atlas has a .dll file in the packed data. There's a chance this was viewed as a threat and the AV removed it. Trojans commonly use .dll files to enter the system and are flagged by most AV software.

I recommend you become familiar with cmd and windows in general to be certain in trusting any form of software. Your own judgements are better than that of AV.

I also recommend you get tools to observe software as it runs. This will let you see what it's doing in the background. Process monitor and process explorer from microsoft are 2 good tools to monitor a program.

There's plenty of forensic tools. I always monitor any new software I get to know what it's doing, and that's IF I trust it.

Your decision is best. Letting software make decisions on other software is not always best.