Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Anniversary Edition Texture Import?

Flyken
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Anniversary Edition Texture Import?

Postby Flyken » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:51 pm

Hey all, since the Anniversary Edition came out, I was looking out if anyone was going to mod the textures from the mobile version to the PC version because the texture and icon resolutions look much better in the Anniversary Edition than in Scholarship Edition, at least from what i've seen.

Would it be possible for someone to do that? I remember trying to upscale the textures manually myself and pretty much broke the game once so i'm not sure if I could do it.
SmugGary "I'm going to pound you like my dad pounds me!" SmugGary

quinnsane
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Anniversary Edition Texture Import?

Postby quinnsane » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:10 pm

If you download an ENB which increases Brightness and Contrast, you basically have Anniversary Edition without the effort.
Here's some ENB FX's
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/665/

Flyken
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Flyken » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:18 am

quinn wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:10 pm
If you download an ENB which increases Brightness and Contrast, you basically have Anniversary Edition without the effort.
Here's some ENB FX's
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/665/
I don't mean I want the game to look like Anniversary Edition, I mean I want Scholarship Edition but with Anniversary Edition textures and icons if that's even possible. Everything is just much sharped and cleaner in the mobile version.

SimonBestia
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby SimonBestia » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:37 am

Rockstar is actually lying here.
They say that textures are now better, but they're not, they're a straight import from the Xbox 360 version.
All they changed are the HUD textures.
I have no idea on how to open Anniversary Edition's textures, if I already knew I would've released an AE: HUD mod long ago. FeelsPeteMan

quinnsane
Administrator
Administrator

Postby quinnsane » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:52 pm

SimonBestia wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:37 am
I have no idea on how to open Anniversary Edition's textures, if I already knew I would've released an AE: HUD mod long ago. FeelsPeteMan
When I found a way to do music mods for AE, I think I stumbled across the textures. This was a long time ago, but I'll be sure to have a look.

CheesyBorders
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby CheesyBorders » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Flyken wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:51 pm
Hey all, since the Anniversary Edition came out, I was looking out if anyone was going to mod the textures from the mobile version to the PC version because the texture and icon resolutions look much better in the Anniversary Edition than in Scholarship Edition, at least from what i've seen.

Would it be possible for someone to do that? I remember trying to upscale the textures manually myself and pretty much broke the game once so i'm not sure if I could do it.
I'm pretty sure it's possible, but it would require a lot of work. If the texture files in AE are the same format as the ones from SE, it could be just as simple as finding an ISO of the game (Through LEGAL means of course), extracting the texture files, renaming them to be the same as the textures you want to replace, and copy to the texture folder. However, if it's even possible, it would take a LONG time.

quinnsane
Administrator
Administrator

Postby quinnsane » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 pm

The texture files are reused but under different formats, because of the nature of iOS and Android. The iOS files are much easier to crack. I figured out how to mod sound files in Bully AE simply by going through it and changing the formats back and forth.

I assume you could do the same with the textures, provided you manage to find a program that will allow you to convert said formats. Then again I haven't touched AE since I first did the sound files nearing a year ago now.

theundeadsoldier
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby theundeadsoldier » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:10 am

peanut in winter bo in summer and bob in anniversary edition doesn't have the brighty (shiny) issue on ae

Flyken
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Flyken » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:25 am

SimonBestia wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:37 am
Rockstar is actually lying here.
They say that textures are now better, but they're not, they're a straight import from the Xbox 360 version.
All they changed are the HUD textures.
Are you sure about that? Here's video proof of the improved textures

Like you can see the textures of the arch as well as the brick wall have much sharper textures in the Anniversary Edition than the X360 version.

SimonBestia
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby SimonBestia » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:56 am

I hex edited the red wall texture and the pillar's, the resolution is the same as PC, it seems they were even imported from the PC version.
Don't let the different lighting fool you. (Smart Rockstar is smart)