Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Climate depends on time date mod

Street Snakey
New Kid
New Kid

Climate depends on time date mod

Postby Street Snakey » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:46 am

The game does seems to take a track on the date you saved the game. But could it be possible to maybe automatically change the weather to snow when the real life month is around December + chrismas, or Halloween on October, sunny on June ect.

King Cobra
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Climate depends on time date mod

Postby King Cobra » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:28 pm

This is something I wish was just default in the game. Many games even today lack a clock based weather system.

While I like the idea of this mod, it can be quite some work to make since Bully was a chapter-based game. The content was "isolated" in each chapter.

Each chapter would need the content extracted that is weather related and merged. This would then need to be added to the clock, and the only things on the clock were sleep and school, but those were daily, not yearly.

This would also require that you've played through all of the chapters as well, otherwise the weather system may conflict with the main game content if the mod is not kept separate.

Each chapter had a transition screen. This was usually a way to load in the next chapter smoothly. To run a clock-based weather in a game like Bully could require such transition screens otherwise you will watch the world assets pop and change in front of you.

Such efforts are the reason most modern day games use large worlds so they can make certain parts of it "weather assigned". It gives the feeling of the world changing in front of you without the use of a clock.

Street Snakey
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Street Snakey » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:05 am

I see, too bad it would be hard to make.

I could think of ''Going inside the door/to sleep'' and then the climate would change preventing showing a ''POP''. Maybe the mod would be enabled when the Endless Summer chapter shows up. Even if we replace the chapter-based weathers with the mod, the Halloween and mainly the Christmas events would look the most out of place. Basing the game on clock may have issues with Jimmy trying to sleep, unless he's coded to be awake all times along 24 hours.

derpy54320
New Kid
New Kid

Postby derpy54320 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:08 am

I don't know of any way to get the actual date, but we can use in-game days to determine when the seasons change, and make the weather change randomly.

Altas
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Altas » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:10 pm

It's possible by modding from the outside of game, because in game lua function is very limited and we cannot get access from the outside during play.

I use Open Weather Map to detect local weather by city index and convert it to the game weather, date and time is based on operating system to triggering in game events like Halloween or Christmas and season changes.

This mod requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition to compile lua script, so you need to download, install and restart your PC.

Download mod: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lg1zs5o6r ... +event.zip

See 'Read Me.txt' for some instruction.
We are not take over anything right now