Page 2 of 2

Re: 14-Year-Old Boy Arrested In Saudi Arabia For Dancing The 'Macarena'

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:56 pm
by Reemyziz
@Mo Kowalski It's so sad because i live here and HAVE to wear the niqab, unfortunately people's ideas and beliefs here are so stupid and strict, to the point where a woman's face (HER IDENTITY) is something she has to cover up.

Re: 14-Year-Old Boy Arrested In Saudi Arabia For Dancing The 'Macarena'

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:07 am
by SWEGTA
I feel like that's a core element of a lot of religious societies. The stripping of one's identity in exchange for rules that most people won't dare question. We've seen it so many times throughout history, so it really shouldn't come to anyone's surprise.

What I want to know is what possible Quran quote can the police point to with regards to this kid dancing in the street.
Their morals are based on the teachings of Islam, so you would assume that they referred to some type of Quran passage.
"And lo, Mohammad said 'Thou shalt not dance the Macarena!'"

@Mo Kowalski As for the "gay act" and "gay people" it's the same thing. The "gay people" part is defined by the desire for the "gay act". You're expecting people to abandon their natural urges. It ain't gonna happen.
Just like how modern society punishes and heavily condemns pedophiles. They still fiddle kids even though they know it's fucked.
People gonna people.

Re: 14-Year-Old Boy Arrested In Saudi Arabia For Dancing The 'Macarena'

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:25 am
by King Cobra
SWEGTA wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:07 am
I feel like that's a core element of a lot of religious societies. The stripping of one's identity in exchange for rules that most people won't dare question. We've seen it so many times throughout history, so it really shouldn't come to anyone's surprise.
This is why I don't believe in children being raised under a religion or any ideology accept morals, family values, and common sense. Children have open minds at a very young age, and question everything out of curiosity.

Their mind is like a sponge and they soak up whatever they are exposed to. By a certain age though, they solidify how they perceive the world. A child's perception and view on the world around them will have to do 90% what was passed upon them from family and others. The other 10% is what they learned on their own over time.

While parents make the decisions in the end, to raise a child with religion I see as a form of brainwashing. Rather than let a child become an adult and choose their own path, parents raise children under a religious setting. Children in many cases come to see this as factual knowledge.

It's when the child actually questions the rules of that said religion when things start going downhill. Eventually they might even leave the religion. Some people will disown their own child for doing so. Some will even attempt to kick the child out of the home before even being a legal adult.

However, looking at religion in general, it's when you question it that things always start falling apart and seeming strange. Religion never wants you to question it, but follow and be a sheep.