Announcements: Welcome to the BullyMods Forum. Please Read SWEGTA's Post in the Announcements, below! ~Staff
--Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

14-Year-Old Boy Arrested In Saudi Arabia For Dancing The 'Macarena'

Recent events & News.
Reemyziz

14-Year-Old Boy Arrested In Saudi Arabia For Dancing The 'Macarena'

Postby Reemyziz » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:19 am

Saudi authorities have arrested a 14-year-old boy for dancing the Macarena in front of a stopped traffic line in Prince Mohammed Bin Abdulaziz St. in Jeddah.

The media spokesperson for the Makkah province police Aati Qurashi said: "The video that surfaced of a boy dancing in front of a traffic line is considered an act of disabling traffic movement and a mislead of ethics/morals" while the police were able to identify the boy and detained him, it is not clear whether he is a Saudi citizen or not.

The video was posted and shared around on social media in July of last month and has caused quite the controversy around Saudi news and media. Notice that the boy was probably doing it as a dare or challenge but people stormed him and called him names/bullied him mercilessly, some have encouraged the act as it hadn't really hurt anyone and thought the government was overreacting.

It is really funny that something such as this would stir a blizzard in Saudi news.

Heyyo, i'm Reemy. HappyZoe Feel free to say hi :-)

quinn
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 14-Year-Old Boy Arrested In Saudi Arabia For Dancing The 'Macarena'

Postby quinn » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:45 pm

I fucking love his smug smile throughout this entire thing. It's so fucking great, we should cherish this video forever.

SWEGTA
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SWEGTA » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:31 pm

Obviously he shouldn't be dancing around in traffic, but how does it violate morals and ethics?
Both morals are ethics are subjective, so even if it was true it'd be up for interpretation.

The more I learn about Saudi Arabia the less I want to be there.
The harshest punishment I could think of if I was a police officer in this instance would be to call his parents and let them know that their kid is being a mild public nuisance. That's about it, really.

What a waste of time and taxpayer money. Don't the cops there have anything better to do than to detain a kid for doing some dumb YouTube stunt?

CheesyBorders
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby CheesyBorders » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:18 pm

Stupid? Yes
Worthy of a small fine or small community service? Maybe.
Worthy of bullying and arresting a 14 year old over a dance? Absolutely not.

King Cobra
Administrator
Administrator

Postby King Cobra » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:17 am

Keep in mind, this is the same side of the world where religion still holds roots. "Law" doesn't really exist, people just follow religion as the law. Being gay around there can get you stoned to death and stealing can get your hand chopped off. Women are looked at as property and have no rights at all.

People use radical punishments from 2000 years ago and never moved with the times as other parts of the world did.

TheGreasyStrangler
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Postby TheGreasyStrangler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:33 pm

If a woman did this she would be gorn
FeelsPeteMan ss_gary

Bailey Hanlon
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Bailey Hanlon » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:12 am

I think Saudi Arabia has to many strict laws that have no place in the 21st century!

Shrimp
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Shrimp » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:46 pm

truss im the only muslim that thinks saudi arabia is a joke lol

Reemyziz

Postby Reemyziz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:26 am

Shrimp wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:46 pm
truss im the only muslim that thinks saudi arabia is a joke lol
IT IS!
Heyyo, i'm Reemy. HappyZoe Feel free to say hi :-)

Mo Kowalski
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Mo Kowalski » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:52 am

Time to put my 2 cents in here: I'll be speaking as a Muslim, as an Egyptian (we're basically neighbors with Saudi Arabia) and as a person who has actually visited Saudi Arabia and spent about 4 months in there:

As for the situation in hand, there is a bit of over reacting on the police and authorities side. I mean, if someone is dancing in the streets, just let him do his thing, he's not ACTUALLY doing something bad there, I mean.

As for the Saudi Arabian laws in general, no offense to any Saudi Arabian person, but I do believe the laws there are pretty harsh. This is something that my family has experienced 1st hand there. When we went to Saudi Arabia, we stayed in a city where it was obligatory for women to wear Niqab (a type of clothes that basically covers all the woman's body except her eyes) whenever they're in the street. Everytime we had to go out, it would take time for my mother and sisters to wear it, and then they would be very hot whenever in the streets to the extent that they no longer wanted to go out and stayed home all the time.

In my opinion, people should be more free as to what they can wear. My mother and sisters have chosen to wear Hijab (another type of islamic cloth that covers the hair only, it is a degree less than Niqab) by themselves. They don't want to wear Niqab so that's their choice. I'm not saying that women should wear clothes that make them half naked like some women do, but still,I believe that things shouldn't be restricted that much. Religion should be taught by love and calmness, not by force. I believe that using force will make things become worse, it creates suppressed people that become like a bomb, waiting for any chance to explode, this is why when some people from strict countries travel to other, less strict, countries, they just do bizarre things you'd never think they would, when it's just because they experience freedom for the first time in their lives.

From a religious point of view, though, Saudi Arabia is and will always be a country that I love whatever happens. This is because it contains the two most important islamic places: Mecca, where Hijj, an important islamic duty is performed, and Madina, where Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is buried. I gladly appreciate how the Saudian government takes intensive and particular care of these two cities. I was there, and it was astonishing how amazing these 2 cities were.

One last thing I want to add, commenting on King Cobra's post: I just want to correct a bit of information that a lot of people believe; not all islamic countries are as strict as Saudi Arabia. In fact, most islamic countries don't even come close to Saudi Arabia in terms of strict laws. I don't know details about all the laws in the neighbouring countries, so I'll just talk about Egyptian laws:

As for law and religion, the Egyptian law has many parts BASED on islamic laws, but not every part of law is based on religion. For example, marriage, divorce, legacy and familial matters are dealt with according to the person's religion, islamic or christian (They are quite a lot of christians in Egypt). Some other matters have their own built laws. For example, the punishment of robbery is going to prison not cutting hands.

As for women, women have much more rights nowadays in Egypt than they had about 50 years ago. There are many jobs that women do, some of them are doctors, engineers, pilots, even judges, police officers. Also, ministers. But to be sincere, I have to point out that in most of these jobs that i just mentioned, women take less exhausting jobs than men. I won't deny that there is still some preference for men over women, but I believe that over time, this preference will fade away gradually as women prove themselves to be worthy more and more.

As for gay people, yes, I'll admit they are very badly treated. I personally believe that the problem is in the "gay act" itself not in the "gay people", but that is a whole topic by itself that I may discuss elsewhere, as this post is very long by itself already.

So sorry if this was too long and sorry if it was too religious. I just wanted to express my full thoughts on the matter.