Announcements: Welcome to the BullyMods Forum. Please Read SWEGTA's Post in the Announcements, below! ~Staff
--Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Help fight censorship

Video game related discussions.
Zeron
New Kid
New Kid

Help fight censorship

Postby Zeron » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:08 pm

At first, I wasn't sure if this thread would be better off being posted in the Bully section due to how related it is to the Bully universe, but since we're talking about another game (and a mod), I decided to post here in the gaming section.

So basically, for those who don't know, there's a big GTA San Andreas mod in development called GTA Underground which puts together many of the 3D era Rockstar game maps into just one. Bullworth is featured in this mod and very well ported, but there's something that's been bugging me since it's inclusion, there are no Bullworth students in the mod.

Now, some may think the exclusion of those students is because the devs simply can't add more peds, or because they can't add smaller peds, but that's not the case here. There was once a poll to decide if children (aka Bullworth students) should spawn in the school, the poll was positively received by the majority of the people. Despite the positive results, the lead devs decided to simply ignore it and cancel all plans to add children to the mod because it would "cause unneeded controversy".

It boggles my mind how some gamers are willing to play a game where they steal cars, murder people and do a lot other shit but they think it's horrible to kill virtual children. Having the Bullworth students in the mod doesn't mean the player is forced to kill them, and to add more layers for the SJW's protection, i'm just suggesting an OPTIONAL patch that adds the children to the mod, meaning that people only get "shocked" if they want.

Anyway, instead of rambling more about this, i'll just link the poll I created which contains a lot more information that you can read if you want. If you support this, please vote in the poll. If you're against an optional idea that doesn't do any harm to anyone, please leave a comment and explain why.

Fight SJWs who keep ruining gaming for everyone: http://gtaforums.com/topic/893786-shoul ... n-the-mod/
:fail:uck the system

quinn
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Help fight censorship

Postby quinn » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:38 pm

I agree with the optional patch. While it doesn't bother me, it does give the ability who do want it, to have it.
I'll vote on this for you!

Zeron
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Zeron » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Thank you so much man.

SWEGTA
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SWEGTA » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:44 pm

I already voted. You probably also saw me comment in the thread.

Danny is being pretty unreasonable on this one.
I know he just wants to avoid controversy. It was never his intention, so it's obviously something he doesn't want to have to deal with.

But I do think that he should just deal with the backlash. It's his project.
It shouldn't be dictated by a bunch of crybabies. Especially when it's regarding such a non-issue.

Zeron
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Zeron » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Yep, I noticed and thanked for your support on Discord.

I don't know why he's so worried about a mod getting controversy, it's not like he's selling that stuff for profit. He's a very professional guy and it's great to be part of his team but sometimes he can be very unreasonable with certain things, including this one.

This should've never been considered a delicate topic, there are games out there where you can kill children, those games had little to no controversy, why should he worry about it?

Pingu
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Pingu » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Voted for the optional patch. Whatever happens in the modding community doesn't directly affect me, but I like sending a message to a developer when I get the chance for principle's sake.