Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Important Announcement about Spam accounts.

Official BullyMods staff announcements.
quinn
Administrator
Administrator

Important Announcement about Spam accounts.

Postby quinn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:20 pm

Hey everyone!

Unfortunately, I'm having to make this post, but it needs to be done, simply to let everyone know what's going on.
So you may or may not have noticed, but we get a lot of spam accounts / spam bots on the website, that come, make an account, and post in Russian about some dumb company selling shoes or something, so I need to make this post.

If you see one of these accounts:
DON'T click any links on it!
Report it immediately, and we'll pick it up and remove the account immediately + ban the account via IP.

ALSO
Due to this being such a big issue already, you need to pay attention to what I'm about to say.
We're going to start deleting (maybe banning) every account that has 0 Posts

If you have zero posts, Start Posting this will pretty much certify that you are an active member and a part of the Bully Community.
Any account with zero posts will be picked up within a few days and be deleted, to stop the ability of Spam Account Hoarding.

This is for both your internet safety, and to stop the annoyance of spam on the site.
Thanks for reading!

Stay Frosty!
~Quinn.

King Cobra
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Important Announcement about Spam accounts.

Postby King Cobra » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:37 am

Just a little tip:

Don't EVER trust a compressed link. Spammers love using adfly, bitly, tinyurl, googl, and many other random compression services to conceal and hide the real links of where you will be directed.

Without seeing the original url, you'll never know where you're being directed. It's due to such abuse of these services with malware and ads that they are no longer trusted today. I wouldn't trust them any time soon.

Also, read any url carefully. Even a visible url can still be a risk. Some will redirect you to other sites and trick you into thinking they are safe. This is commonly used in phishing to obtain private information.

If you feel suspicious about the site, look for anything missing, changed, or just not right about the site. It can be a duplicate for phishing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALSO: These spam accounts are using their profiles to advertise. This is against the rules. Advertising is not allowed without permission. Whether a spam account or not, if you advertise in your profile, it will be removed.

King Cobra
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Important Announcement about Spam accounts.

Postby King Cobra » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:50 pm

UPDATE:

Unfortunately we need to bring up this topic again....

I found an ad sent in my PM box. If anyone else does, report the PM message so staff can do what is needed.