Announcements: Welcome to the BullyMods Forum. Please Read SWEGTA's Post in the Announcements, below! ~Staff
--Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

BullyMods Forums 2.0

Bully Videos, Music, Art etc.
Flyken
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

BullyMods Forums 2.0

Postby Flyken » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:22 pm

I present to you a redesigned website concept for the forums.

I threw this design around in a few hours just for practice and I wanted to see what you guys thought about it SmugGary
Originally I was going to go for a more "bulletin board" design though.

SmugGary "I'm going to pound you like my dad pounds me!" SmugGary

LunchMoneyyDex
Premium
Premium

Re: BullyMods Forums 2.0

Postby LunchMoneyyDex » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:58 pm

That looks very good. I would love to have a design like that on here. Good work.
ss_gary Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA -- ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. ss_gary

Gembo
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Postby Gembo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:20 am

That looks really cool man, reminds me of bully-board a lot.

quinn
Administrator
Administrator

Postby quinn » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Either myself or Sweg could knock up the designs, but it could be hard to implement it, due to the limitations of 'PHPBB' which is the base the site runs on. However I don't know all the limitations myself, but this could be very nice. If Sweg can find a way of getting it to run, than either of us may think about doing a design like this :))

Good job either way buddy!

Bailey Hanlon
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Bailey Hanlon » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Nice design!

Flyken
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Flyken » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:06 pm

quinn wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:35 pm
Either myself or Sweg could knock up the designs, but it could be hard to implement it, due to the limitations of 'PHPBB' which is the base the site runs on. However I don't know all the limitations myself, but this could be very nice. If Sweg can find a way of getting it to run, than either of us may think about doing a design like this :))

Good job either way buddy!
Thanks! HappyZoe I wouldn't know if it is possible to implement either haha, I just like to make cool designs.
SmugGary "I'm going to pound you like my dad pounds me!" SmugGary

SWEGTA
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SWEGTA » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:54 am

We actually had a guy working on the layout, but he took 2 years.
Over those years I had to pay for domain and hosting. Eventually he became occupied with other projects, interests, and some pretty serious stuff. Soon enough I found out through other people that he had pretty much given up on it without telling me.
I don't hold it against him, but I'm not going to pay another dime unless I see actual progress.

If he wants to come back and attempt either one of these designs then I would of course welcome him to do so.
I'm not going to spend another dime unless I see promising progress. As for doing it myself, I can't. I don't have the knowledge to take on such a task. Nor does anyone else I know, at least to my knowledge.

That's not to say that it will never happen. I'm just saying that it's going to take a while before we find someone reliable who can take on the responsibility.
The guy we had knows his shit, but I was beginning to feel unease about it. Apparently he had plagiarized a bunch of stuff from other websites and presented it as his own work. The last thing we need is to be confronted by another website claiming that we have stolen from them.