Announcements: Welcome to the BullyMods Forum. Please Read SWEGTA's Post in the Announcements, below! ~Staff
--Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Controller or Keyboard

Discussions about Bully Speedrunning.
BuffaloMan
New Kid
New Kid

Controller or Keyboard

Postby BuffaloMan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:14 am

I did a speedrun the other day and got 3:57:36. Shitty, yes, but it was on Xbox One and it was my first one.
My question is, do you guys prefer to speedrun using a controller or keyboard, because I wanna do a PC speedrun and I'm deciding which one to use.

-Split this question into it's own thread ~quinn

quinn
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Controller or Keyboard

Postby quinn » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Always use controller, since that way you can do the skateboard speed strat, saving you a bunch of time compared to if you don't. Make sure to record it, so that you can upload it to Speedrun.com!

Fatty McBigLarge
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Postby Fatty McBigLarge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:21 pm

BuffaloMan wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:14 am
I did a speedrun the other day and got 3:57:36. Shitty, yes, but it was on Xbox One and it was my first one.
My question is, do you guys prefer to speedrun using a controller or keyboard, because I wanna do a PC speedrun and I'm deciding which one to use.

Yeah use a controller. Keyboard is a little difficult I find a controller way easier and I have done a speed run with both and I got a extra 4 mins off my time with a controller.
Eunice: Ever been kicked out of an all-you-can-eat buffet?

CheesyBorders
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby CheesyBorders » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:24 pm

BuffaloMan wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:14 am

Personal preference really. I use keyboard, but maybe controller works better for you, figure out what works best for you, and then stick to it.

TheGreasyStrangler
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Postby TheGreasyStrangler » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:22 pm

I grew up with consoles so I always prefer controller
FeelsPeteMan ss_gary

BuffaloMan
New Kid
New Kid

Postby BuffaloMan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:15 pm

@TheGreasyStrangler Tru, tru. I've been more accustomed to playing Bully with a controller but I'm just tryna find out which one plays faster, if there's any difference, but if not, I'll probably go with controller.

@CheesyBorders Gotcha, I'll probably go with controller then.

@Fatty McBigLarge Thanks for the help, I guess I'll be hooking up my controller tonight then! Btw, congrats on the shoutout Swegta gave you.

@quinn Thanks for the advice! In Chapter 1 when you use the skateboard a lot in the 2nd half that's gonna be useful.

BuffaloMan
New Kid
New Kid

Postby BuffaloMan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:10 pm

What type of controller did you guys use and which method did you use to hook it up

SWEGTA
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SWEGTA » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:43 am

I use a wireless xbox 360 controller for PC.
I really haven't played Bully with keyboard and mouse since like 2012. I tried controller once, and I have never looked back since.

It's just way more convenient. As for which is the most ideal when it comes to speedrunning, I'd say keyboard and mouse.
But I don't really see it as a necessity. You can still get some great results with controller. The Any% world record is proof of that.

BuffaloMan
New Kid
New Kid

Postby BuffaloMan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:30 pm

@SWEGTA Lol thanks, I used an Xbox 360 controller to do a PC Speedrun last night and I got to 29 minutes at the part where you have to beat up the bullies in the Parking Lot during, "Help Gary," but some friends inviting me to hang out so I just kinda said, "eh whatever, i can start over later."

CheesyBorders
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby CheesyBorders » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:07 pm

BuffaloMan wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:15 pm
@TheGreasyStrangler Tru, tru. I've been more accustomed to playing Bully with a controller but I'm just tryna find out which one plays faster, if there's any difference, but if not, I'll probably go with controller.

@CheesyBorders Gotcha, I'll probably go with controller then.

@Fatty McBigLarge Thanks for the help, I guess I'll be hooking up my controller tonight then! Btw, congrats on the shoutout Swegta gave you.

@quinn Thanks for the advice! In Chapter 1 when you use the skateboard a lot in the 2nd half that's gonna be useful.
Alright, good luck in the speedrun dude!