Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Help and Advice for a beginner.

LongLostGreaser
New Kid
New Kid

Help and Advice for a beginner.

Postby LongLostGreaser » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:35 am

Well I'm new to bully modding and I've downloaded some of your awesome mods, but I don't know how to use them in game. I bought and downloaded Bully on steam on a Windows 7 laptop. Whenever I try to open Bully with an IMG tool it says "no such interface supported." When I open Bully with hex editor a very short list appears, rather than a long list with everything in the game. I couldn't search for certain students or peds that I wanted in free roam either. Also, the frame rate on this is very poor and choppy. Maybe about 20-30 FPS and crashes at times. If anyone who is an expert in these subjects knows what to do, please reply to this post. I will give you 10 groats. Thank you and have a nice day.

quinn
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Help and Advice for a beginner.

Postby quinn » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:25 am

It sounds to me like you're trying to open the .exe with these programs which is incorrect. You need to open .img files with imgtool (hence the name) these can be found in your Bully install directory. World.img contains everything including models, textures, etc, and Scripts.img contains everything to do with the scripts of the game.

Let's say you're trying to install Insanity with the Scripts.img and .dir files it gives you.
You should be able to find your Bully Directory located in YOURDRIVE:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Bully Scholarship Edition

From here you want to go to the \Scripts folder, and replace the scripts in there with the ones from the mod.
Just replace the files.

If you want to go a bit more in depth.. let's say it gives you a file named 'ArcRace1.lur'

To install this, open Scripts.img with imgtool, and search for the file name. Delete the one in imgtool, and replace it with the one for the mod, which you can do by 'Adding files' in the program.

In terms of your fps, my advice is to get a better computer. Honestly. You said you're running a laptop and if I'm honest with you, laptops don't run Bully all that great.

LongLostGreaser
New Kid
New Kid

Re: Help and Advice for a beginner.

Postby LongLostGreaser » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:49 am

Thanks, Quinn. I will give your tips a try.