Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Boys Dorm AI Battle

DreadedGhoul575
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Boys Dorm AI Battle

Postby DreadedGhoul575 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:14 am

I'd love for someone to make everyone spawn (not authorities with red markers, perhaps put them as non-cliques somehow?), with their default fighting styles (apart from Johnny, Russell, Derby, Gary and other bosses); would be fun watching everyone fight, plus random adults joining in to bust people lol. (I tend to get in the bin with insanity edition, because of this; it adds different fighting styles, randomized stuff, plus different speeds).

Off-Topic: I'd also love to learn how to edit pedstats, so everyone fights at their best (blocks and attacks perfectly, plus also add immunity to grabs on characters).
Last edited by DreadedGhoul575 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gembo
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Re: Boys Dorm AI Battle

Postby Gembo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:14 am

That's definitely possible through lua, or if you just want lots of different characters to spawn randomly in the boys dorm at once, you can do most of that stuff in the PedPop.dat file, which is in the config folder.

The pedstats thing is quite easy to do, there may be a tutorial somewhere here, but I'm too lazy to check. But to sum it up, there should be a line at the top that says things like "health" and "chicken", there'll be lots of these, then all the below lines should be fighting styles, which are really just different types of characters, there'll be one for the fat kids, the skinny nerds, etc. You find the style you want to edit, then you need to find the stat. At the top they will all be in order. Just count along from the first stat until you find the right one, lets say it's the fifth stat, you just go down to the style and select the fifth stat, then just edit that. I believe most go from 0-100, but some (including health) go above that. I'm sure someone else could give you a more detailed explanation, but that's the gist of it, you can PM me if I've fucked up the explanation or you just need a hand.

DreadedGhoul575
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby DreadedGhoul575 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:18 pm

The boys dorm has the following: Boys_Dorm
5, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1,
1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
4, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1,
1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,

I dunno what it means though.

Not sure if this will help anyone explain how.

# CONTROL VARIABLES
# m_fOnScreenCullRange
# m_fOnScreenMinRadius
# m_fOnScreenMaxRadius
# m_fOffScreenCullRange
# m_fOffScreenMinRadius
# m_fOffScreenMaxRadius
# m_fOffScreenHeightCull
# m_nChancePerFrame
# m_nNumAttempts
55, 25, 45, 30, 5, 20, 4, 50, 50
50, 35, 45, 20, 5, 15
#
#
# 1 Total population
# 2 Prefects
# 3 Nerds
# 4 Jocks
# 5 Dropouts
# 6 Greasers
# 7 Preppies
# 8 Students
# 9 Cops
# 10 Teachers
# 11 Townpeople
# 12 Shopkeep
# 13 Bully
#
# Refer to ScriptEnums.h for TimePeriodTypes. At the time of writing, these are:
# DAY_OUTOFCLASS, DAY_INCLASS, NIGHT_EVENING, NIGHT_CURFEW
#
#

Also, the pedstats thing is too confusing lol.

Gembo
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Postby Gembo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:59 pm

So the four lines under Boys_Dorm represent different times during the day, one represents the day out of class, the next represents the day during class time, the next represents the night, and the next represents curfew. So if we want to edit the amount of students outside of class, we would edit the first line.

In the line is a series of numbers. The first one represents how many students in total will be found in the boys dorm, in this case, 5. The other ones represent different types of peds, you can see which one in that list that starts with "#1: Total population, #2 Prefects, #3 Nerds", and the list goes on. So if we want to edit the amount of prefects in the dorm, we just select the second number, which is a 0. If we want 3 prefects, we just change he 0 to a 3, then add 3 to the total population, the line should look like this:

8, 3, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 1

this can all be done in notepad or notepad++.

The pedstats thing is pretty similar, but I'm sure someone can explain that better than me

DreadedGhoul575
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby DreadedGhoul575 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Gembo wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:59 pm
In the line is a series of numbers. The first one represents how many students in total will be found in the boys dorm, in this case, 5. The other ones represent different types of peds, you can see which one in that list that starts with "#1: Total population, #2 Prefects, #3 Nerds", and the list goes on. So if we want to edit the amount of prefects in the dorm, we just select the second number, which is a 0. If we want 3 prefects, we just change he 0 to a 3, then add 3 to the total population, the line should look like this:

8, 3, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 1
Oh ok, I understand that now. Trouble is with pedstats, there's an awful lot of lines, and can be misleading, due to some numbers and text being untidy.

Also, I'd like to spawn everyone; Sheldon, Gary etc. in the boys dorm.

Gembo
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Postby Gembo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:27 pm

For sheldon, I believe there is something disabling it elsewhere in the game files, but I don't know where, leaders and other people that don't spawn in free roam like Gary and Pete can be enabled via hex editing. You can do this yourself without too much trouble, or download one of the tons of mods on this site that do this.

DreadedGhoul575
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby DreadedGhoul575 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:21 am

Do you mind telling me where the hex editing tools are located? Appreciated.

Gembo
Class Skipper
Class Skipper

Postby Gembo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:23 am

It can be done with the HxD hex editor, if you don't know how to do it, I think swegta made a tutorial on hex editing a few years ago.

DreadedGhoul575
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby DreadedGhoul575 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:10 am

Ok, thanks mate. I'll give it a go. :)

Edit: Nah, I tried it. It's too hard lol; I bugged my game many times, whilst trying to change stats and fighting styles.

My main objective was to make everyone fight at their best and have everyone count as being a non-clique (if a bully and a jock are attacking a bully, the bully ignores the other bully, due to some code saying that they're the same, until eventually once the jock is KOed, then the other bully retaliates).

Another possibility would be to somehow have everyone from the insanity edition in, plus the 'sheldonator', but never attacking me (I'd love to see sheldon treat other peds the same as the player, like here
or even have them similar to the fighting club mod stats, where they increase somehow.

Shrimp
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Postby Shrimp » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:07 pm

wait am confused,
what are you trying to accomplish or do?