Announcements: Please turn off your adblock for Bullymods.net! Advertisements help us pay for the site, which allows you to use it--
*Also make sure to Introduce yourself, in the below section! Say Hi, and tell us who you are!* ~quinn

Extracting in-game dialogs text

Platybus
New Kid
New Kid

Extracting in-game dialogs text

Postby Platybus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Hey there! New user here.

Does anyone know by a chance how to extract the subtitles text? I've found two files for the language I'm interested in ("Spanish.dir" and "Spanish.iso"), but I don't know how to read them, open them or extract them. Thank you very much for your time. ;-)
Nice shoes! BBull

SimonBestia
Getting Somewhere
Getting Somewhere

Re: Extracting in-game dialogs text

Postby SimonBestia » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:57 am

Subtitles should have a .dir and an .img extension, not .iso.

Anyway, to extract them, you need this decompiler, I don't remember who posted this on B-B.
Simply drag and drop the .img into the decompiler and it will extract everything in .txt files inside a folder that will have the same name of the language you've edited, you can easily edit them, then you have to take the folder containing all the subtitles (including the changed ones) and drag it to the bullydecompiler, which will re-compile everything and create 2 files called language.dir.gv and language.img.gv, simply remove the .gv and you're ready to go!
Make sure to have both the decompiler and the .img/dir files in the same folder, and of course, make backups.

BTW this thing is in spanish.

Hope I was helpful!
Attachments
Bullydecompiler.rar
(4.06 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Bullydecompiler.rar
(4.06 KiB) Downloaded 52 times